Stretch your family’s wardrobes and your budget with these tips on how to get free clothes online.
Check Free Groups Online
Need new jeans for your toddler, baby clothes for a little one on the way or workout clothes for your growing teen? Buy nothing groups might just be the answer!
Swap sites can be an amazing resource no matter what you need.
Search for local buy nothing groups on Craig’s List, Facebook or other websites such as Freecycle and the free section on LetGo to see what is available.
Persistence is the key when looking for specific items and be sure you at least occasionally offer some of your unneeded items in return to make sure you are giving back as well.
When meeting strangers also always consider safety first, and when possible meet in a neutral location such as a store parking lot to keep everything safe and public.
Set Up a Virtual Swap
Haven’t seen your friends, family or local parent groups as regularly lately due to social distancing? Set up an online group where you can chat online and swap items your family has outgrown.
It’s a great way to trade hand-me-downs and other items, get clothing items your family needs and prevent old items from going to landfills. Plus, everyone involved will be able to get nice and gently used items they need at no cost to them.
Consign Clothing Online
If you have lots of clothing that your family no longer wears or has outgrown, you may be able to sell or consign these items to earn extra cash.
This is something I have done for years to make sure that our outgrown items find another life and to help stretch my budget for buying the new things we need.
Depending on where you sell your items, you can either cash out and use your earned dollars to purchase new items (or for other expenses).
Wondering where to consign clothing online? Check your local community groups on Facebook and Craig’s List, as well as eBay. Another option that is also popular is Threadup.com. For new items, especially designer brands you may be able to sell on Amazon, Mercari or Poshmark.
Redeem Those Rewards
Have you signed up for the reward programs at your favorite clothing retailers? If not, what are you waiting for?
Reward programs can be an excellent way to earn free clothing online and in store, and these money saving coupons can be redeemed for significant savings and free items.
Become a Product Tester
Did you know that product testing can be a fun and interesting way to receive free clothing and other items? Many companies, including major brands, work with product testers to get feedback and try out new products. Here are a few places you can get free clothing online through product testing opportunities.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Insider – Test new athletic clothing, sporting goods and more.
- Summer Infant Product Testing – Submit your information to register for free product testing opportunities for free baby clothes, baby gear and more.
- Glamorise Test Panel – Register to test bras, shapewear and more.
- Columbia Sportswear Product Testing – Register to test free clothing from this popular sportswear provider.
- Brooks Product Testing – Test free shoes and apparel from Brooks.
- Allegra K Fashion Enthusiasts – Request an invite to this exclusive fashion product testing community.
- Free Reusable Face Mask for Healthcare Workers – If you are a healthcare worker you can request a free face mask.
- Lemon Ambassador – Test free Lemon clothing with this program.
- Brooks Product Testing – Test free athletic shoes and clothing.
- Under Armour Product Testing – Become a product tester for this popular athletic clothing brand.
- New Balance Product Testing – Test free products from New Balance.
- Reebok Product Testing – Test free shoes and products from Reebok.
- Saucony Product Tester Program – Receive free clothing and more though this testing program.
- Carhartt Crew – Test free products with the Carhartt Crew program.
- Decathlon Product Ambassador – Become an ambassador and receive free clothing online for sharing opinions.
- Free T-Shirt for Nursing Students – If you are studying nursing, request this free t-shirt.
Take Advantage of Apps
Money saving apps can be a great way to save money and earn clothing online when you shop from your favorite stores during your regular shopping.
Redeem your cashback in the form of gift cards which can be used to purchase clothes or anything else your family needs.
In addition to finding free clothes online, there are also places that offer free clothes on a local basis. Check with local clothing pantries, churches and community service organizations to find out what might be available in your area.
You can also call 211 for assistance with clothing and other services, including warm winter clothing for your family.
Whether you are looking for free clothing online for yourself, your family or a new baby that’s on the way, there are lots of ways to find what you need.
Whether you consign clothes online, find freebies in online groups for your area, become a product tester or take advantage of money saving apps it’s possible to save money and earn free clothing with a little creativity and effort.
Are you looking for more great freebies for your family? Be sure to read our article on how to get free shoes and how to get free diapers and wipes for your baby. What are some of the ways you find free clothes online for your family?
Kim Ritter is a frugal living expert, blogger and mom of two from small-town Iowa. What began as an effort to help her family save a few dollars a month has now transformed into a full-time passion to help other parents money. Visit her online at twokidsandacoupon.com and follow her on Twitter at @2kidsandacoupon for more ways your family can have fun on a budget.